Some users get the issue of integrated webcam not working on Windows 10. Usually this is due to driver issue. So this guide will provide you a fix which has been helpful in fixing the issue for many users. Before we go for any fix, we need to first make sure that there is indeed an issue with the device. So for this, right click on Start and select Device Manager. Look for any small yellow warning sign next to the webcam device located under Imaging devices or Other devices. If you find the yellow sign, then the device has issue. Now go ahead and read the fix given below.
How to Fix Integrated Webcam Not Working on Windows 10
- In Device Manager, go to the integrated webcam device and right-click on it.
- Then from the context menu that opens up, select Uninstall.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Then reboot your PC. Once it reboots, Windows will automatically reinstall the device driver. (If that doesn’t happen, read the next section to manually install the drivers.) See if the issue is resolved.
Manually Update Integrated WebCam Driver
- Visit the PC manufacturer’s website.
- Download the latest driver for the integrated webcam as per your PC’s configuration.
- Extract the downloaded .zip file to get the .exe file to run. If you already got the .exe file downloaded then it’s even better.
- Double click the exe file to run it and go through the wizard. This should fix the Integrated webcam not working on Windows 10 issue.
If still the issue persists, you can try running in compatibility mode.
- For that go to the webcam device software program folder.
- Right-click on the exe file.
- Now select Properties.
- Navigate to Compatibility tab.
- Then change the Compatibility mode to Windows 7.
- Then click Apply and OK.
How to Fix Integrated Webcam Not Working on Windows 10 December 31, 2016