This guide provides you some of the issues in the game and how to fix Assassin’s Creed Syndicate errors. Ubisoft is here with yet another installment in the popular Assassin’s Creed series. Assassin’s Creed Unity faced criticism among fans for poor optimization on PC and consoles. Seems like Ubisoft developers have learned a lesson from it. Unlike Unity, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate has lot less issues on PC and consoles. But we have still heard of a few common PC errors like no sound, stuttering and severe lag that the users are facing.
We present you this guide to teach you how to fix the most common issues and errors encountered in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate PC version. But before everything, please make sure your PC meets the official system specifications to run the game. Check out the minimum and recommended system requirements of the game below.
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Official System Requirements
- Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz
- RAM: 6 GB or more for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
- DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (4GB) or the newer GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB) or better
- DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
- Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
- Technical note from the developer: For a recommended experience, the game requires a video card with at least 3 GB of VRAM when playing at a full HD resolution. While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customize your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings.
How to fix Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Errors: Crash, Black Screen, Server Issue, Freezing, Stuttering and more
1. No sound in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Fix
To fix this issue
- Press Win+R
- Type “dxdiag” without the quotation marks and hit enter
- A new windows pops. Now go under Sound tab and lower the Sound acceleration from there
- Launch the game
This fix didn’t work for some users so we have to wait for an official patch from Ubisoft.
2. Crash during startup/random crashes/black screen/failed to launch fix
- Players who are facing issues like the game crashing to desktop while launching or during gameplay should try updating their video card drivers. We suggest users to do a clean install of the video card drivers by downloading them from the official website.
- If you have the game on Steam, we suggest you to verify the game cache to avoid such errors.
- Another simple but useful method is to play the game in Compatibility mode. For this, right click on the game’s .exe and click Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, set the Compatibility mode to either Windows XP SP3 or Vista.
- Users with SLI/Crossfire setup can try disabling it and laptop users should use the dedicated GPU instead of the integrated one
3. Stuttering/Micro-stuttering in Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Fix
This issue is solved by disabling VSync from the graphics settings in the game.
4. ACS.exe has stopped working error Fix
This issue has been faced by many users. You can fix this error by following the steps
- Right click “This PC” from desktop and click Properties
- Go to Advanced System Settings from left column
- Click Settings in the Performance section
- Under Data Execution Prevention enable Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select
- Select ACS.exe by browsing the installation folder and click Apply
This will solve ACS.exe has stopped working error.
You may also write to read How to Fix You Can Not Set DEP Attributes on 64 bit Executables.
These were some of the common issues and now you know how to fix Assassin’s Creed Syndicate errors. If you are still facing issues running Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, feel free to ask in the comments. We will try our best to solve the issues that are preventing the game from running correctly. And we will keep updating this page as new issues are encountered by the users.
How to fix Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Errors: Crash, Lag, ACS.exe has stopped working and more January 11, 2016