Here we are going to find out how to fix Windows Update error 0x800705b4. With each Microsoft’s Windows Update release, we come across some small issues in installation. But we have to install the updates as it is important both from features and security point of view. The errors, however, can be solved with few tips and fixes. So here we are talking about Windows Update error 0x800705b4. We have provides some fixes below.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800705b4
We will start with the simplest tips first. So to fix Windows Update error 0x800705b4, make sure that the driver in your PC are updates. So if they are not, get the latest drivers installed and then try to install the Windows update.
Windows Update Settings
The Update error 0x800705b4 may be solved with a few modifications in the Windows Update settings. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click Start and in the search bar, type Check for updates.
- In the Window that opens, you will find Advanced options under the Update Settings section. Click on it.
- Now uncheck the option Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
- Then reboot PC.
- Once the PC reboots, go back to Check for updates and click on it to get the latest updates. When a message prompts Your device is up to date, go to Advanced options.
- Now check the option Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows.
- Finally click on Check for Updates and now all the updates will be downloaded and installed.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
Use the Microsoft Windows Update troubleshooter if the above fixes did not work out. So to fix the 0x800705b4 error follow the steps mentioned.
- Go to Start and in the search bar type troubleshoot and then select Troubleshooting.
- In Troubleshooting, there will be View all option on the left pane. Click on it.
- When you click View all, you will see a list.
- From the list click on Windows Update.
- Then click Advanced and then Run as administrator.
- Finally click Next and the Troubleshooter will start detecting issues and problems in the PC and try to fix.
The last option that can help fix Windows Update error 0x800705b4 is to try and get the installation done after a clean boot. So here are the steps to follow in order to perform a clean boot on Windows 10.
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R keys.
- In the Run box, type msconfig and click OK.
- In the window that opens up, go to the General tab. In this tab click Selective startup.
- Uncheck the Load startup items box.
- Then click Services and check the box for Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Then click Disable all and then Startup
- Next thing is to click Open Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, go to Startup tab and right-click each enabled startup items and click Disable.
- Then click OK and reboot the PC.
Now try to install the Windows update. And once done, you have to undo the changes you did for clean boot. To do so, here are the steps.
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R keys and type msconfig and click OK.
- In the window that opens up, got to the General tab.
- In General tab, select Normal startup.
- Then click the Services and uncheck Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Now click Enable all and click Startup
- Select Open Task Manager and here you have to enable all the startup programs.
- Click OK and reboot PC.
Those were of the tips and workarounds for how to fix Windows Update error 0x800705b4.
You may also be interested in: How to Use Beam Stream in Windows 10 Creators Update
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800705b4 November 2, 2017