As you are here reading this guide, you must be going to create virtual machines. Make sure you check whether your PC is Hyper-V compatible. So now we will see how to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10. This needs to be activated first in order to proceed with the virtual machines. This guide will focus on two methods to install and enable Hyper-V, one being the manual installation and the other is using PowerShell.
How to Install and Enable Hyper-V on Windows 10
Option 1: Manually Install Hyper-V and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10
- Press Windows + X keys to open Program and Features.
- Now in Program and Features, you will see Turn Windows Features on or off on the left pane. Click it.
- A popup window (Windows Features) will open. From the list, look for Hyper-V option.
- You need to check the boxes against all Hyper-V category options.
- Click OK.
- Reboot your PC when prompted after the installation.
Option 2: Install Hyper-V with PowerShell and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10
- Go to Start and type PowerShell in the search bar.
- In the search result you will see Windows PowerShell. Right click it and select Run as administrator.
- Confirm when prompted.
- Now in the PowerShell windows, type the following command,
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -All
- Then press Enter.
- Reboot the PC once the installation completes.
That’s everything you need to know how to install and enable Hyper-V on Windows 10. Check out how to fix Backup error 0x807800c5 in Windows 10.
How to Install and Enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 December 26, 2016