After the news that Halo Mega Bloks game has been cancelled, now we get a confirmation from Halo boss Bonnie Ross that the game was indeed in development and was codenamed as “Haggar”. Ross said that the game reached till the prototype stage only.
Ross confirmed that for many years, the game was a collaborative effort between Microsoft and Mega Bloks, as per a forum post. The game was being developed at N-Space and that it was one of the many other Halo games that did not go past the prototype stage.
The game did not reach the finish but Ross said that requests are coming to develop Halo games for the younger audience. So we may see some games in the future.
Here is what Ross said about Haggar:
Microsoft Confirms Halo Mega Bloks Game Was in Development January 10, 2017
“Over the past few days, footage has recently made the rounds of an exploratory Xbox 360 project we worked on several years ago, known as ‘Haggar.’ Since then, we’ve received a lot of great feedback from the community. Haggar was something we prototyped with our friends at Mega Bloks that focused on the elements of action, exploration and user creativity found within the Halo universe. Haggar had a lot of fun ideas and invention behind it, but ultimately didn’t progress beyond the early prototyping levels that are shown in the recent video.
“This is just one example of several similar projects we have evaluated throughout the years–a process that we continue exploring on an ongoing basis.”