Final Fantasy XV released on 29 Nov 2016 for PS4 and Xbox One. The fifteenth main installment in the Final Fantasy game series, the game is an open world environment and a battle system similar to the Kingdom Hearts series. In Final Fantasy XV, ability points, as the name suggests, are points used to unlock new abilities in the Ascension Grid in the game. This guide will show how to quickly gain ability points.
Final Fantasy XV Ability Points Guide
There are many different forms of activities you can perform to gain ability points. Even minor activities like cooking, chocobo races, photos, etc contribute in this aspect. Here is a list of some activities for gaining instant ability points.
- Leveling Up
- Finishing Quests
- Beneficial Dialogues Choices also reward AP Points
- Combat Challenges
- Activate Armiger for 1 AP Point
- Activate Armiger Chain for 1 AP Point
- Cast Spell for 1 AP Point
- Drive car for 1 AP Point
- Drive Quarter Mile for 1 AP Point
- Chocobump for 1 AP Points
- Catch a Fish for 1 AP Point
Battling low level monsters reward 1 ability point only if you end the fight with either link strikes or warp strikes. Some of these monsters keep respawning so it’s a good way to gain ability points quickly.
Creating different camp and rest points rewards these points. Driving around in the Regalia also contributes to the same.
In Chapter 1, talk to Cindy in Hammerhead for getting 10 ability points. Here are some activities for gaining ability points in this chapter.
- Buy 91 Bottles of Sheep Milk in Hammerhead
- Select a recipe that does not need ingredients.
- Finish Stirred, Not Shaken Tour with Ignis
- Defeat 3 Enemies in Wrap Strike
- Head to Merrioth Haven and absorb elemental energy
- Camp after Level 3
- Find Dualhorn and defeat it
- Train with Gladious and do some camping.
- More AP point are between Merrioth and Criclawe
You can find the complete Final Fantasy XV Guide here.