Let’s see How to Fix Error Code 30088-4 Something Went Wrong. The error may appear while you try to install Microsoft Office 2013. It may also occur if you any other Office product to the already installed Microsoft Office 2013. Once you get this error, the installation process stops and you cannot proceed further.
The error looks like
Something went wrong. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Go online for additional help. 30088-4
How to Fix Error Code 30088-4 Something Went Wrong in Microsoft Office 2013
- Open Start menu
- Search Programs and Feature
- Open Program and Feature
- Search for Microsoft office 2013
- Right click and select Change
- Select Repair the product as the option when prompted
- This should solve the issue
Option 2: Registry Edit
If the above option does not remove the issue, then you can follow option 2. It involves editing the Registry. So a keeping a backup of the Registry will be good.
- Open Run
- Type regedit
- Press Enter
- Go to : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
- Rename the Office folder
- Right clicking on Office folder
- Click Rename
- Rename it as Office.old
- Close Registry Editor
- Restart the PC
- Now if you install Microsoft Office 2013, the error should not appear.
That would stop the Error Code 30088-4 Something Went Wrong from appearing while installing in Microsoft Office 2013, or adding any new product or upgrading from a previous Office version.