We have yet another Football Manager game this year. Football Manager 2018 released on Nov 10 2017 for PC, Mac and Linux. Here we are going to look at some of the common issues and how to fix Football Manager 2018 errors. The game has already attracted thousands of players. The game is developed by Sports Interactive and published by Sega.
The playable leagues in Football Manager 2018 are same as those in Football Manager 2017. However there is a change for the Indonesian League. It is now reduced to 2 playable levels from 3 playable levels. English League and the Swedish League has the most playable levels and playable divisions respectively. There are 116 levels in the game involving 52 countries. Below you will find Football Manager 2018 minimum system requirements. Verify that these minimum configurations are met to rule out any issues cropping up due to system requirements.
Football Manager 2018 System Requirements
- OS: Win Vista (SP2), 7 (SP1), 8/8.1, 10 (1703/Creators Update) – 64-bit or 32-bit
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core or AMD Athlon – 2.2 GHz +
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 7 GB available space
How to Fix Football Manager 2018 Errors – Crash, FPS Issue, Launch Issue and more
Football Manager 2018 Crash Issue Fix
FM 2018 crashing while you are in the game is a common issue. We have seen it in previous Football games also. Let’s see how to fix crash issue in Football Manager 2018
- First thing, get the latest GPU drives installed.
- In case that’s already done, try enabling the borderless window.
- A bigger solution would be to have to the game reinstalled. For that, delete the Save Game folder of the game and then do a fresh install.
FM 2018 Won’t Start / Launch Issue Fix
We have seen how to fix crash in FM 2018, but some players may get stuck even in launching the game. This too is not a new bug and can be fixed with some workarounds.
- Make sure the minimum system requirements are met.
- Now the next thing to check is the Antivirus and Firewall. Check that the Firewall and the Antivirus installed is not causing to FM 18 launch issue. Disable the Firewall and antivirus and try launching the game.
- Close any apps that are running at the background and which is not required by the game. Then try launching the game.
Football Manager Performance / Low FPS Issue Fix
If you come across performance issues like low FPS, lag, graphics issue, etc., you can the following fix.
- Update the drivers.
- Disable shadow.
- Set the lower graphics settings for the game to low.
FM18 Saved Game Not Loading Issue Fix
Another common issue is the saved game not loading. Sometimes, the saved game doesn’t load when you try loading it from the within game running although the saved game file exist. For this navigate to the folder location where the saved game file is stored. Then add .fm as the extension of the file, by right-clicking and renaming it and adding the extension. Now try to load it.