Ubisoft is back with the latest iteration in the Trackmania series. Trackmania which is one of my personal favorites is looking better than ever in the latest installment. The game was released on PC on March 24th, 2016 on Steam and Uplay. There are, however, some unfortunate PC gamers who are plagued with a few issues which are preventing them from enjoying this gravity defying experience.
We are back with the most frequent errors and issues along with the fixes to help you get on with the game. Before you read on, let’s take a look at the minimum system requirements provided by Ubisoft to run the game.
Trackmania Turbo Official System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2 GHz or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Video card must be 512 MB or more and should be a DirectX 10 – compatible or DirectX 11 – compatible
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
How to fix Trackmania Turbo Errors: Crash, Game Doesn’t Start, Controller Issue, Anti-aliasing Issue and more
#1 Crash / CTD / Crash at startup in Trackmania Turbo fix:
If you are one of those whose game is crashing at launch, you need to apply the following fixes to make your game running.
- Players for whom the game is crashing at start must update their video card drivers. We suggest users to do a clean install of the graphic card drivers by downloading from the official website.
- If you have downloaded the Steam version of Trackmania Turbo, we suggest you to verify the integrity of game cache to avoid such problems.
- Laptop users should use the dedicated GPU instead of the integrated one like Intel HD.
#2 Game doesn’t start in Trackmania Turbo fix:
The simple fix to this issue is to just run the game as Administrator. This should solve the problem for most of you guys.
#3 Game controller not working properly in Trackmania Turbo fix:
So we all know how incredible it would be to play Trackmania Turbo with a controller. But sadly for now, those don’t work as expected. There’s no proper fix available to re-map the controls for now, so we need to stick with the keyboard until Ubisoft comes up with a fix.
#4 Auto-accelerate issue in Trackmania Turbo fix:
This is another of those issues that occur due to the controller. What you need to do is play the game using the keyboard for now.
#5 No SMAA or MSAA in Trackmania Turbo fix:
Unfortunately, Ubisoft didn’t provide support for true anti-aliasing support for this game. It only supports FXAA for smoothing the edges. However if you still want to do so, you can force anti-aliasing using the Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Control Center.
More fixes are on their way. Stay tuned for more info. Meanwhile, if you are facing a certain issue not listed above, then share it in the comments section. We will try to find a solution for you.