The 9th game in the Forza franchise, the 3rd game in the Forza Horizon based franchise and the first one in the Forza Horizon franchise to be released for PC, Forza Horizon 3 is an open world racing video game developed by Playground Games and published by Microsoft Windows.
It is available for Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. This game also features cross-platform play between the two platforms. The game was released on 23 Sep 2016. The game features 350 cars, a whopping 150 greater than the previous installment. The game is mainly set in Australia and is said to have double the size of the open world in the game as compared to the previous installment.
This guide will list out common bugs in the games and how to fix Forza Horizon 3 errors.
How to Fix Forza Horizon 3 Errors: Performance Issue, Stuttering, Connectivity Issue and More
Game not showing on Start Menu
1. In the app store, navigate to My Library under the account picture.
2. Then select the game.
3. Now click install.
Stuttering And Low FPS Issue Fix
1. In the Xbox App, go to SETTING
2. Click on NETWORK tab
3. Now verify if the “teredo address” is broken. If it is, you will get a warning message.
4. Then you have to uninstall and reinstall it and then get the latest Nvidia or AMD drivers.
Error 0x803f8001 While Downloading or Preloading
1. Navigate to Games > Xbox Live Games > Forza Horizon 3 or Forza Horizon 3 Deluxe/Ultimate Edition.
2. Now under In this bundle, click on Forza Horizon 3 (not deluxe/Ultimate Edition).
3. Then click Download.
Error 0x80073CF9 While Downloading or Preloading
1. Press WIN + X keys together.
2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
3. Then click Yes when prompted for the User Account Control.
4. Now reboot the PC.
5. Once it reboots, go to the store and try to download. Type the below commands to run:
net stop wuauserv
rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
net start wuauserv
If any of the above commands fail, you will need to start your PC in safe mode and run the commands.
Network Connectivity Issues
You need to forward the following ports in Windows Firewall and on the router/access point.
- Port 88 (UDP)
- Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
- Port 80 (TCP)
- Port 500 (UDP)
- Port 3544 (UDP)
- Port 4500 (UDP)
Game not appearing in Windows App Store
You need to update Windows 10 to the latest version.
If the above option doesn’t work, try resetting the store by running WSReset.exe.
Error 0x80070005 Fix
To fix this error:
1. Open up Run (Press Win+R).
2. Then type “%Appdata%” and go to up 1 level to get to folders Local, LocalLow and Roaming.
3. Now open the Local folder.
4. Search for Packages folder.
5. Then right-click on it and click Properties.
6. Uncheck Read-Only
7. Then go to Security tab and click on Advanced.
8. Then click Add and click on Select a principle.
9. Then type in YourPCName\Users\; in place of YourPCName, type what is written under From this location, then click apply and OK.