Before we fix backup error 0x807800C5, here is the error that you get,
There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. Details: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.
This error comes up while you try to back up system images of your Windows 10 PC to Network-Attached Storage.
How to Fix Backup Error 0x807800C5 on Windows 10
Now to fix the error, follow the steps given below.
- Get access to the NAS or the NAS shell. This is important as you will need to get to the location of the original system image stored there.
- Now look for the original system image.
- Once you locate it, rename it like:
- Then go back to your Windows 10 PC.
- Now you should run Windows 10 Image Backup. Try to backup a system image of your PC to NAS.
- This time it should work fine with no error.
Check out How to Disable Windows 10 Lock Screen