When you have to fix msvcr100.dll is missing error, you can follow the steps provided in this article to solve the issue. Often some Windows programs, games and applications need some DLL files to run. MSVCR100.DLL is needed by programs or applications that are developed with Visual C++. It is a Microsoft Visual C++ dll file.
How to fix msvcr100.dll is missing error
- Go to DLL-Files website (You can check from other sites also)
- Click on Download Zip File button present on the right side
- Select the file as per your system requirement, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Go for the latest version
- Download it
- Unzip the file downloaded
- Take the file msvcr100.dll and paste it to the C:\Windows\System32 folder
- In case you have 64-bit Windows OS, then copy the msvcr100.dll file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
- If you want to check whether you are having 64-bit Windows or not, check the article How to Switch From 32-bit to 64-bit Windows 10
- Then open the program, application or game for which you were getting the msvcr100.dll is missing error. It should run without throwing the error. If not then
- Restart Windows and check again
- If rebooting doesnot work, then just copy the msvcr100.dll file to the installation folder of the application or game. It will be located in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).
We hope we helped you fix your issue. Please comment if you have any further questions.
You may also be interested in: How to Empty Recycle Bin Automatically Using Task Scheduler in Windows 10