If you encounter problems after upgrading your Windows 10 operating system to Windows 11, a windows rollback mechanism is beneficial. Not satisfied with Windows 11? How to Uninstall Windows 11?
The Windows 11 operating system allows Windows users to uninstall windows 11 and roll back for a specified number of days after the update.
Most common reasons to uninstall windows 11
- Individual programs do not work correctly in Windows 11.
- Unstable operation of computer components due to incorrect operation of drivers.
- Based on the results of the trial operation, it has decided to make the transition to MS Windows 11 at a later date.
- There may be other objective reasons for restoring a previous version of Windows.
Files of the previous version of the operating system are saved in the Windows.old folder. You can use it to roll back to MS Windows 10.
Restore a previous version of Windows after upgrading to Windows 11
1st way to uninstall Windows 11
- Open System Settings
- Select sections System> Recovery
- Under Recovery, select the previous version of Windows and click go back.
- In the ‘Why are you go back? Check the box in the checkbox of the selected reason or in the Tell me more field specify other reasons to uninstall Windows 11 operating system and click Next.
- The next dialog will ask you to check and install the latest troubleshooting updates. Select “No thanks” to continue the rollback process to the previous version of Windows.
- In the warning window about the possible re-installation of some applications, and the loss of all changes made in the system after installing a new version of Windows, click Next.
- Next, the recovery tool will remind you to enter the password upon completion of the procedure for rolling back to Windows 10. Click the Next button.
- To start the procedure for “Go back to Windows 10,” click the Revert to an earlier build button.
- The computer will restart, and the process of restoring the previous version of Windows will start.
2nd way to uninstall Windows 11
Due to unexpected errors during the upgrade process, it is not possible to start the Windows environment. You can use the bootable operating system media to begin the OS recovery environment.
If it is possible to start the operating system, you can begin the recovery environment as follows.
While holding down the Shift key, press the Start button and select Restart.
- Connect OS MS Windows bootable media 11. Create bootable USB media using Rufus and Ventoy. You can download the ISO image using the UUP dump service. Official Windows 11 ISOs are also available.
- Set the required boot priority in BIOS / UEFI
- In the language settings, leave the default values and click Next.
- Select System Restore
- In the Select Action window, specify Troubleshoot.
- In the Advanced Options window, select Uninstall updates.
- Uninstall updates window, select Uninstall the latest component update.
- In the Uninstall the latest component update window, select the target operating system Windows 10
- At the final stage, select Uninstall component update.
The process of restoring the previous version of Windows 10 will start.
3rd way to uninstall Windows 11
- Run command line as an administrator.
- Enter DISM / Online / Initiate-OSUninstall command and press Enter
- Press the Y key to reboot the system and start the restore process to a previous version of Windows.
Managing the rollback period in Windows 11
- Run command line as an administrator.
- To display information about the rollback period, you can use the following command: DISM / Online / Get-OSUninstallWindow.
- To change the rollback period to the previous version of the system, you can use the following command: DISM / Online / Set-OSUninstallWindow / Value: 60
When using this command, you can increase the rollback time to 60 days. It is the maximum possible value. If the number of days is specified over, then a period of 10 days will be automatically set.
The countdown to the end of the restore period of the previous version starts from the moment the system has upgraded to Microsoft Windows 11. And not from the moment the command is executed.