Laptop Keyboard not working after few years of buying is quite common. Especially if you code or type a lot. You can use the on-screen keyboard for the some time but it is not much help when you got to type at a fast pace. There are several solutions available for countering laptop keyboard not working problem but what if nothing works. You may start to think of buying a new laptop. But what if at that point of time, your budget doesn’t allow you to?
Laptop Keyboard Not Working – Easy, Quick, Affordable Solution
The first solution is to go to follow the given steps:
- Press Win + X keys
- From the menu that opes up, click Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand the Keyboards section.
- In the Keyboards extended section, right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard and click Update the drivers.
- Now restart your laptop.
- If the problem still persists, go to the same location and select Uninstall the device option and reboot.
- In case you still get issues with the keyboard and it is still not functioning properly, then check out the other easy solution given below.
There is an easy, fast and budget friendly solution when you are not in a position to buy a new laptop but only cannot afford to stop using your malfunctioning laptop. Buy an affordable but durable USB keyboard. That’s it. It will come at a fraction of amount and will provide you ample time to do research on new laptop while not hampering your work or study.