Before installing any update or just to keep your data safe, taking backups is important. Here we will see how to make archived backup of iPhone or iPad. Archiving helps in preventing backups from getting overwritten.
How to Make Archived Backup of iPhone or iPad
- To start with, you need to plug your iPhone or iPad into your Mac or Windows PC.
- Then open iTunes.
- On the menu bar you there will be iPhone or iPad icon, click on it.
- Verify whether backup is set to This Computer and then click on Backup Now.
- You need to click on Encrypt Backup.
- Then add a password.
- Then if prompted, backup Apps.
- Now go to iTunes in the menu bar. Then click Preferences.
- Go to the Devices tab.
- There you need to option-click on your Backup and choose Archive.
Now this will make archive backup of iPhone or iPad. Thus it won’t be overwritten by any future iOS 10 backups. This will help in reverting back in case you need to. Check out:
- How to backup iPhone or iPad data on External Dive using Mac OS X ,
- Enable or disable Siri on Mac OS and
- How to fix WiFi connection timeout occurred error in Mac OS X.