Developed by genDESIGN and SIE Japan Studio, The Last Guardian released on December 6, 2016. The game was published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the Playstation 4 console. It is an action adventure video game. In this game, the player controls a young boy who befriends a giant half-bird half-mammal creature named Trico. This guide will explain how to command Trico.
Understanding the gestures and noises he makes is not an easy task. So, this guide will show how to understand and command Trico in the game.
How to Command Trico in The Last Guardian
Trico mainly communicates via his eyes which changes color. Trico also grunts and makes whining noises.
These are the colors and their meanings.
- Black Eyes – This means everything is just fine.
- White or Yellow Eyes – This means he is either distracted or mesmerized.
- Pink Eyes – This means he is hostile towards enemies.
Trico also whines sometimes when the boy gets far away from him or when he fails to complete a task given by the boy.
Trico also grunts or howls when he is ready to jump to the next puzzle area.
Here are the list of commands for Trico.
- Sit/Scold – R1 + X
- Stand/Praise – R1 + O
- Jump/Stomp – R1 + Triangle
- Swipe/Attack – R1 + Square
- To call Trico – Tap R1
- To give additional commands – Hold R1 + individual buttons
- To calm Trico – Climb atop and press O to stroke his neck.
- To make Trico move in specific direction – press and hold R1 + Left Thumbstick in any direction.
You can find the complete The Last Guardian guide here.