Witcher 3’s newest the Manticore Gear set is available as a part of the Blood and Wine DLC expansion. It resembles Geralt’s main armor set worn in the first Witcher game. This Manticore Gear Set Location guide helps you find all the diagrams.
The Manticore Gear:
- Benefit alchemy builds
- Increases Toxicity tolerance
- Boosts resistances for piercing, bludgeoning, and slashing damage
- And more
The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine Guide: Manticore Gear Set Location
Speak to the Grandmaster Craftsman
- Find the Manticore Gear diagrams to craft each part of the set.
- Manticore Gear is Grandmaster quality and so it can only be crafted by a Grandmaster craftsman who will be found in Beauclair.
- Near the center part of Beauclair, search for Lazare Lafargue’s Workshop.
- You need to agree to help Lafargue with a side quest. Then he will craft the Witcher armor.
- While you will be having this conversation, you will get dialogue options that will be to know about each of the Grandmaster quality Witcher Gear sets. This will also include the Manticore.
- You have to ask about the Manticore set so that a Scavenger Hunt can be unlocked for the Manticore Gear diagrams.
Manticore Steel Sword
- Travel to Bastoy Prison to locate the Manticore Steel Sword diagram.
- Then head towards the lake which will be on the northwest of Beauclair.
- Then move westward up the hill to get to the prison.
- Look for an Alp that will be lurking within the ruins.
- You have to climb the side wall and along the scaffolding to get to the top of the prison tower.
- When you reach the top, you have to use your Witcher Senses and find the sword diagram which will be stuck to the stone wall.
Manticore Chest Armor
- You have to travel east, moving past Francollarts.
- Then continue travelling toward Gelenser Farm.
- Then travel southeast of the farm and search for a narrow canyon. This canyon will be leading toward a cave entrance. You have to be careful about the panthers you will encounter in the path.
- Get inside the cave. There will be a room with notes hung along the walls.
- You have to search the far wall for Merten’s Prayer. It will be written on the rear side of the Manticore Armor diagram.
Manticore Trousers & Boots
- Head northwest of Plegmund’s Bridge to get to the Prophet Lebioda’s Statue.
- Then get into the Abandoned Temple straight ahead from the statue construction area.
- You have to use Aard to break the cracked wall which will be blocking the doorway in the center of the room.
- Head straight ahead once you enter the entryway and move towards the steps.
- Then you have to use your Witcher Senses and locate a small box containing both diagrams for the Manticore Boots and Trousers.
Manticore Silver Sword
- Travel towards the Palace Gardens located south of Beauclair Palace.
- Keep moving south along the shore and look out for a small inlet connected to the bay.
- Then swim along the shore and find a cave entrance to Murky Delve.
- Get inside the cave.
- You will find mysterious fumes that may cause you to hallucinate. You will encounter two Bruxa while you are in the first passage.
- Then climb up the stone platforms and through the corridor having crates lined up.
- Keep moving through the passage and defeat the Kikimore Workers.
- Then you have to climb the stone platforms located on the left.
- Then use Aard and break the cracked wall.
- You have to follow the path curving around the right side of the pond.
- Then on the far wall near the beam of light, there will be a friendly specter resting at an altar.
- You have to loot the area around the altar. Then you will find the diagram for the Manticore Silver Sword.
- Head towards east from the Cockatrice Inn towards Basane Farm.
- Keep travelling east of the farm to get to the Lake of Cleansing.
- Then get to the end of the dock and dive into the water.
- Now you have to use your Witcher Senses to locate a small container at the bottom of the lake. It contains the Manticore gauntlets diagram.
- At this point, if you have located all the previous Manticore Gear diagrams, then the Scavenger Hunt will be over.
After you got all the diagrams for a full Manticore Gear set, take them back to Lafargue to unlock him as a Grandmaster craftsman.