Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16199 released on May 17, 2017 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. It comes along with Build 15215 for Windows Mobile. With this build comes new features and bug fixes.
Emotive Experience in My People
My People just got a fresh list of new features to make the user experience even better.
Drag and drop option to send files to contacts present on your taskbar has been added. You will just need to drag the file you want to share to the contact and instantly start an email to send.
Enhanced Game Settings
Improvements has been made to Windows Game Bar.
Features to Monitor PC Health
In the System>Settings>About section, you will get to see the health of your PC. This section will fetch data from Windows Defender and display the status.
Tips and Video Tutorials for Ease of Use
To make settings and configurations easy for the less techie users, Microsoft has added small tips and video tutorials.
Automatic PC Storage Cleanup
Microsoft has enhanced Storage Sense’s abilities and made it possible to cleanup storage space in a quicker and easy way. Under Settings>System>Storage section, the followings options will be provide:
Feedback Quick Launch
Now it will be easy launch Feedback Hub by pressing Caps Lock + E + E while using Narrator.
Incoming Calls Notification
In the Fast ring PCs, with Cortana installed and all Cortana cross device features turned in, users will get notifications of incoming calls. You will two options, Textback and Decline.
Microsoft Releases Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16199 with New Features and Bug Fixes
- Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG) will now work as expected on touch-enabled PCs.
- [DEVELOPERS] The XAML designer in Visual Studio 2017 hits an error causing a squiggle error under ThemeResource references to XAML’s generic.xaml resources. Please update to the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 Preview (Version 15.3 – 26510.00) or later. If Visual Studio 2017 Preview is already installed, users can update by starting the Visual Studio Installer, and clicking the Update button. You can confirm you have the right build of Visual Studio Preview by going to Help > About to confirm you are on Version 15.3 (26510.0-Preview) or later.
- We fixed an issue resulting in many Win32 apps not launching if certain 3rd party antivirus programs were active prior to upgrading.
- We’ve updated Windows Defender Security Center so as to no longer flag disabled drivers as issues. We have also adjusted the health scan logic so that using maximum brightness when connected to AC power will not flag a warning. Appreciate all who shared feedback on the subject.
- As a result of low usage, we’ve made the decision to remove the Note quick action.
- We’re updated our migration logic so that going forward from this build the state of rotation lock will be preserved across upgrades.
- We fixed an issue resulting in color profiles being ignored after launching certain fullscreen games.
- ADDED: To help you quickly find the option you’re looking for, we’ve updated the context menus for apps and tiles in Start to now include icons for more actions, including Share, Uninstall, and Rate.