Many users have come across this issue after they updated to Marshmallow. However we do have options to fix it and get back the contacts. Follow the steps mentioned below to find out How to Fix Contacts Not Displaying after Marshmallow Update in Samsung Galaxy S5.
How to Fix Contacts Not Displaying After Marshmallow Update in Samsung Galaxy S5
- Clear the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode.
- Now restart the phone and check if the issue is fixed or not. Now if the issue is not fixed, go to option 2.
- If you have saved the contacts in the phone or SIM, turn off sync.
- Swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom using two fingers.
- Quick Settings will open and you will see a Sync button.
- Now turn Sync off.
- Reboot your phone.
- Once it reboots, open the Contacts and see if the contacts appear.
- Now if the contacts appear, then go to the Quick settings and enable the master Sync.
- If the issue still persist, then in the Contacts app,
- Tap on the more options [The three dots], then select accounts.
- Select the account where the contacts are stored.
- Now tap on options.
- Then select sync now.
The last option would be to backup your phone data and then factory reset it.