You may have a PC with multiple partitions and you wish to merge them into a single partition. Here we will guide you to combine multiple partitions into single partition. We will guide you with an example where you are having two partitions. Among these two, we will remove one and enlarge the other.
- If you have data in the partition you wish to remove, then before proceeding move the data to the other partition.
- If you have a new PC with one partition empty, then we will merge them and have a single partition with the combined space.
- The two partitions that needs to be merged should be adjacent to each other
Steps: How to Combine Multiple Partitions Into Single Partition
- If you have Windows 10 or 8.1, then right-click the Start button and select Disk Management
- If you have Windows 7, then open Run, then type diskmgmt.msc into the Run dialog, press Enter
- Locate the two partitions that needs to be combined
- Right-click on the partition to be deleted and select Delete Volume
- Right-click on the other partition that needs to get the space of the deleted one.
- Click Enlarge Volume
- Click through the wizard, accepting the default options
- The partition will be enlarged and will now occupy the its own plus the the space freed by the deleted partition.
- No need to restart
Now you have one large partition with more memory space.