EA released Battlefield Hardline for PC in March 2015. The game is based on Frostbite 3 Engine, the same one which was used in making Battlefield 4. Battlefield 4 faced criticism for too many bugs and glitches in the PC version. Thanks to DICE, Battlefield Hardline isn’t like Battlefield 4. The game has fewer issues compared to it and even those can be solved easily.
This guide looks at those errors and helps you fix them. Before going any further, please make sure you meet the system requirements to run Battlefield Hardline. You can check out the specifications provided by EA listed below.
Battlefield Hardline Official System Requirements
- Operating System: 64-bit version of Windows at least Vista SP2 (with KB971512 Update) or newer
- Processor: AMD Athlon II/Phenom II 2.8 GHz or Intel Core i3/i5 2.4GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: AMD ATI 5770 with 1GB of Graphics Memory or an NVidia GTX260 with 896MB of Graphics Memory
- DirectX: 11.0
- Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit or newer
- Processor: Intel Quad-Core CPU or AMD Six-Core CPU
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: AMD 290 or NVidia GTX760
- Graphics Memory: 3 GB
- Hard Drive: 60 GB of space free
How to fix Battlefield Hardline Errors: Crash, Lag, Punkbuster Issues, Stuttering and more
#1 Crash/crash to desktop/failed to Battlefield Hardline fix:
If your game is getting crashed during launch, then the main reason for the issue is outdated graphic card drivers. Make sure you have the latest version before trying any other workaround. And if your game is crashing while playing, try one of the following fixes.
- Turn off VSync and Triple Buffering in the game settings
- You can try to run the game in Windows Vista SP2 or Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode
#2 Punkbuster issues in Battlefield Hardline fix:
At the launch, many users reported errors related to Punkbuster. It’s a program which prevents cheating in multiplayer mode. To fix these issues, update your Punkbuster to the latest version.
#3 Low FPS/lag in Battlefield Hardline fix:
If you are having low and choppy framerate while playing the game, the follow the steps below. Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > Add BFH.exe and set the following parameters.
- Maximum pre-rendered frames: 1
- Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration: Single display performance mode
- Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
- Vertical Sync: Off
- Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Clamp
- Threaded optimization: On
#4 Battlefield Hardline has stopped working fix:
You need to update your graphic card drivers from your vendor’s official website to fix this issue. Also, make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on you PC.
#5 Game doesn’t start fix:
This might be caused by your anti-virus software. Turn it off temporarily and launch the game again. The issue will be fixed.
We will keep updating this article as new issues are faced by our users. Update your game to the latest version and most of your problems will be gone. EA has addressed many of the issues. So give it a try.