This guide shows you how to fix Error C1900101-20017 during Windows 10 installation. While installing Windows 10 users may get the Blue Screen of Death Error C1900101-20017. This error appears when the installer restarts the PC after starting the upgrade process. The error occurs as a result of some fault in BIOS setting. So now follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue.
How to Fix Error C1900101 20017 During Windows 10 Installation
- First of all go to the path: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- In the Download folder, delete all the files
- The go back to the root directory C: and change setting to Show Hidden Files
- The delete $Windows.~BT folder once it is visible
- Do a clean install of Windows 10
- Now we need to change the BIOS setting
- Reboot your PC and as soon as the display appears, Press F12 or the Delete key. This will bring up the BIOS menu
- Now disable all overclocking options for the processor, if they are set higher than default values
- Now under the Boot section of the BIOS screen, Enable UEFI Boot
- Reboot the PC via installation media and complete the Windows 10 upgrade installation
Once you disable the overclocking options and Enable UEFI Boot in the BIOS settings, your Windows 10 installation should be done without issues. That’s all about how to fix error C1900101-20017 during Windows 10 installation. Check out How to Enable or Disable F8 Advanced Boot Options in Windows 10.