Returnal arrives on Windows PC this Feb 2023 and the wait is finally over. Let’s look into the details on how to fix Returnal errors – crash, fps issue, black screen, performance, stuttering that may come up. Not all issues or errors come up for all, but depending the setup and config, there are some that may bother. So please do check the Returnal system requirements below before proceeding to the fixes section.
Returnal is developed by Housemarque and Climax Studios, who have high rated games like Nex Machina and Assassin’s Creed Chronicles in their buckets respectively.
Returnal System Requirements
You will Windows 10 64 bit and version should be 1903 as the OS. 16 GB RAM and 60 GB free space is also a must, regardless of other minimum or recommended system requirements.
Returnal Minimum System Requirements
Processor– If using Intel, then Intel Core i5-6400 (4 core 2.7GHz)
If using AMD, then AMD Ryzen 5 1500X (4 core 3.5GHz)
Graphics– For NVIDIA, the minimum is to have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB)
For AMD, minimum graphics requirement is AMD Radeon RX 580 (8 GB)
It is also better to have SSD.
Returnal Recommended System Requirements
Processor– If using Intel then, Intel i7-8700 (6 core 3.7 GHz)
If using AMD then, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (8 core 3.7 GHz)
Graphics– For NVIDIA, get the NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super (8 GB)
For AMD, get AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (12 GB) for best experience of the game.
How to Fix Returnal Errors – Crash, FPS Issue, Black Screen and more
Returnal Crash Fix
Crashing may be due many different reasons. But let’s check out the possible ones and what can we do about it.
1. First things to do is definitely check the system configurations required for the game and that your PC meets them.
2. The graphics drivers must be up to date.
3. Verify Integrity of Returnal Game Files on Steam. For that, in Steam open Library > right-click on Returnal > Properties > Local files and then click Verify integrity of game file.
4. Though not recommended, if the crash issue still persists, disable the antivirus and check.
Returnal Black Screen Fix
Black screen problem, most of the time, comes up due to outdated graphics drivers. So please do update them, if not already done.
In some cases it is also helpful to reinstall Steam and then run the game.
Returnal Low FPS Fix
Low FPS can ruin the gaming experience altogether. There are ways to fix this up. Try the below given fixes.
1. Do a fresh installation of your graphics drivers.
2. Close any unnecessary background apps and processes.
3. Verify the game files integrity to rule out that as a cause.
4. You can also see a significant boost in the FPS if you lower or turn off the different graphics settings in the game like shadows, motion blur, anti-aliasing, and the like.
We will add to this Returnal errors fixes list if/as new bugs or issues come up.