Once you upgrade to Windows 10, the error ‘The program can’t start because the WMVcore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem’ is frequently encountered with some of the applications. We will help you fix WMVCore.dll is Missing Error in Windows 10. The missing file is present in the System32 folder inside the Window.old folder. So the WMVCore.dll file needs to be copied and pasted to the program installation folder of the Sytem32 Folder. Follow the steps to fix WMVCore.dll is Missing Error in Windows 10.
How to Fix WMVCore.dll is Missing Error in Windows 10
- Open the Windows File Explorer
- Go to C:/
- Open the Windows.Old folder
- Now open the Windows folder
- Go to the System32 folder
- Search for the WMVCORE.DLL
- Right-click the WMVCORE.DLL file
- Select Copy
- Go to C:/ again and Windows folder, then to System32 folder
- Paste the copied WMVCORE.DLL file to the System32 folder
- Open the program which was giving the WMVCORE.DLL missing error in Windows 10 error
- Start the program
Now the application should not give the error. If in the above method you are not able to locate the file in the System32 folder, then you can get it by downloading and installing Windows Media Player. Please share your comments with us.