Often you get the Xlive.dll Is Missing Error while setting up an application, specially while installing games. Here we will see how to fix Xlive.dll is missing error in Windows 10. The error occurs as you may be trying to run an older version of the game or application. In that case the application tries to access the Xlive.dll file but fails because the file may be missing or corrupted. So let’s see How To Fix Xlive.dll Is Missing Error in Windows 10.
How To Fix Xlive.dll Is Missing Error Windows 10
- Download the setup from this Microsoft’s page
- Once downloaded, locate the the place it got downloaded
- Right click
- Select Properties
- In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab
- Now in the Compatibility Mode section, you will have check-box Run this program in compatibility mode for: Check that box
- Now you will see the drop-down list to select an OS gets activated. Here select Windows 7
- Click on Apply
- Click Ok
- Now run the setup.
Once you have done the above settings, the issue is fixed. The Xlive.dll Is Missing Error will not occur again for the games or applications. So that’s all you need to do to fix Xlive.dll is missing error in Windows 10. Check out How to fix no sound issue in Windows 10.