Red Dead Redemption is now available as a backwards compatible title for Xbox One.
Set during the decline of the American Frontier in 1911, the game follows John Marston, a former outlaw whose wife and son are taken hostage by the government in ransom for his services as a hired gun.
The weapons cheats listed below are quite handy for any player, amateur or pro.
Red Dead Redemption Guide: Weapons Cheats
How to Use Weapon cheats in Red Dead Redemption
Note that using cheats will disable the player from saving the game or unlocking any achievements. But these wont affect the main game save.
For using a cheat code,
- Go to the Options menu
- Select Cheats
- Enter the phrase after tapping Y
- Turn it on in the cheats menu
Red Dead Redemption Weapons Cheats
Enter the following phrase on the Cheats page of the main Options menu.
- Unlock Gun Set 1: IT’S MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT
- Unlock Gun Set 2: I’M AN AMERICAN. I NEED GUNS
- Unlock all guns: WE NEED GUNS JOHN!
- Unlimited ammo: ABUNDANCE IS EVERYWHERE
- Infinite Dead Eye: I DON’T UNDERSTAND IMNFINITY
- Invincibility: HE GIVES STRENGTH TO THE WEAK
For people looking to earn these weapons the hard way, the following are the missions the player needs to complete to unlock all the weapons.
All pistols locations
- Cattleman Revolver: Unlocked from the start.
- Volcanic Pistol: Clear out Twin Rocks Hideout. Find it for sale at Armadillo Gunsmith for $100.
- Semi-automatic Pistol: Clear out Fort Mercer Hideout. Find it for sale at the Escalera Gunsmith for $300.
- High Power Pistol: Handed to you during Bear One Another’s Burden.
- Mauser Pistol: Find it for sale at the Blackwater Gunsmith for $800.
- Schofield Revolver: Get this during The Gunslinger’s Tragedy.
- Double-Action Revolver: Clear out Tesoro Azul Hideout.
- Lemat Revolver: For sale at the Escalera Gunsmith after the revolution. It costs $1,250.
All rifles locations
- Repeater Carbine: Handed to you during New Friends, Old Problems.
- Winchester Repeater: Clear out Tumbleweed Hideout or complete Spare the Rod, Spoil the Bandit. Find the gun for sale at Armadillo Gunsmith for the tidy sum of $350.
- Henry Repeater: Clear Nosalida Hideout.
- Evans Repeater: This rifle is for sale at Blackwater Gunsmith.
- Springfield Rifle: Clear out Gaptooth Breach Hideout, and it’s given during We Shall Be Together in Paradise. Find it for sale at Thieves’ Landing Gunsmith for $300.
- Bolt Action Rifle: This is given to you during The Gates of Presidio. Find it for sale at Escalera Gunsmith for $750.
- Buffalo Rifle: For sale at any Gunsmith shop when you become a level five Master Hunter, but it costs $475.
- Rolling Block Rifle: Given to you during Empty Promise.
- Carcano Rifle: This is for sale at Blackwater Gunsmith for a whopping $1,100.
All shotguns and thrown weapons locations
- Double-barreled Shotgun: This is given to you during Spare the Rod, Spoil the Bandit. Find it for sale at Armadillo Gunsmith for $150.
- Sawed-off Shotgun: Clear Pike’s Basin Hideout and find it for sale at Thieves’ Landing Gunsmith for $250.
- Pump-action Shotgun: Handed to you during And the Truth Will Set You Free.
- Semi-auto Shotgun: This is for sale at Escalera Gunsmith for $1000.
- Dynamite: Given during Father Abraham and for sale at multiple stores.
- Throwing Knife: Unlocked during The Great Mexican Train Robbery and for sale at multiple stores.
- Fire Bottle: Unlocked during The Demon Drink and for sale at multiple stores.
- Lasso: Given during Wild Horses, Tamped Passions.