Xiaomi announces Android TV-powered Mi Box. It is a new 4K set-top box. The announcement was made at the Google I/O conference. Google VP Clay Bavor revealed that the Xiaomi will be the first to establish a partnership with Google in its effort to making Daydream-ready devices. These devices work on an advanced mobile VR technology. The new technology is developed for the upcoming Android N.
The device is sleek for the living room. Mi Box has won the famous Red Dot and Good Design awards for its design. The advantage of being Android TV 6.0 powered is that you can the Mi Box ships various sources like movies, shows and games directly from Google Play.
Now here is the exciting thing. Mi Box is one of the first devices to make use of Daydream technology.
Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi Global, revealed the Xiaomi and Google has worked together to build a great product oriented to US people.
Xiaomi announces Android TV-powered Mi Box with the below Features:
- Mi Box has the capability of delivering 4K HDR video apart from the wide range of content from various sources.
- Capable of supporting 4K UHD video content playback at 60 frames per second.
- Mi Box offers sharp image quality and smooth video player.
- Mi Box provides support for the latest HDR10 standard and the updated HDMI 2.0a specification.
- Mi Box features a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali 450 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 8GB eMMC flash storage.
- It is also possible to extend the functionality of the box by adding storage via USB.
- Mi Box is capable of delivering rich audio via Dolby Digital Plus and DTS Surround Sound
- Mi Box comes with a Bluetooth remote control with support for voice search and commands.
- You can simply speak into the remote to search for content. For example, if you speak “Leonardo Dicaprio’s Oscar movie“, you will be able to fetch the correct movie.
- It is also possible to modify channels, perform web search and launch apps by just speaking into the remote control, including the ability to use it as a controller for games.
However the price and the launch date has not yet been announced.