When Windows is not able to connect to the Microsoft Update Serves, it throws the error 0x80072ee2. Therefore, when you try to update Windows Defender, the error message Virus and spyware definitions couldn’t be updated with error code 0x80072ee2 is displayed. This guide will help you fix Windows Defender Update Error 0x80072ee2.
This connection errors can occur with other Store Apps too. There two ways to fix the issue and get the updates downloaded.
How to Fix Windows Defender Update Error 0x80072ee2, Virus and spyware definitions couldn’t be updated
- Right click on the Start button.
- From the Shut down or sign out submenu, select Restart.
- Once the system reboots, launch Windows Defender.
- Now in Windows Defender, under the Scan options, select Full.
- Then click Scan now.
- Once the scan is done, reboot the system.
- When the system starts, click on Start menu and type Check for updates in the search box.
- Click on the search result fetched.
- This will let Windows to look for updates which are pending and download and install them.
- Once the installation of the updates are done, reboot the system.
Now if that doesn’t help, all you need to do is go the official site and the updates downloaded manually.
You may also be interested in: How to Check PowerShell Version on Windows 10