Galaxy Note 8 is a great smartphone with some awesome features. However often even some of the best phones also have some small Galaxy Note 8 problems. So all Galaxy Note 8 users out there, here we will discuss some common Galaxy Note 8 problems and how can we fix this issues.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is an Android phablet smartphone. It comes with enhanced Bixby voice assistant making the smartphone capable of performing tasks with very few or single keyword. For instance, Galaxy Note 8 can activate silent mode and turn the Night mode on with just a Good Night command.
An amazing 6.3-inch Infinity Display and two back cameras, this phablet is perfect successor to Galaxy Note 7. So without delaying anymore, let’s check out some Galaxy Note 8 problems and simple tricks to fix them.
Galaxy Note 8 Problems and How to Fix Them
How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 WiFi Problems
Some users have reported about Samsung Galaxy Note 8 WiFi problems and we do get these issues more often than not in all smartphones. So need to worry. We will see in a while what we can do to quickly fix it. If you find that WiFi is too slow and the device gets disconnected too often, there is something you need to do about it. If you had a Samsung smartphone and you used the Samsung SmartSwitch to get all your stuff transferred to the new one, it is possible that your WiFi settings too get transferred. Your device gets connected and you don’t have to worry about it. But sometimes it do cause issues.
- To fix the WiFi issue, open Settings.
- Go to Connections and then WiFi.
- Now tap and press on the WiFi connection and when a pop up comes, then tap on forget network.
- Search for the WiFi connection afresh and select and enter the password.
How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Slow or Wireless Charging
If you are worried with the slow charging of Galaxy Note 8, here is what you can do to charge it very quickly.
- Go to Settings.
- Then tap on Battery.
- Now turn on the Fast Cable Charging. This will make recharging very fast and will be completed in nearly an hour and a half.
- Also you should not use any old charger. Always use the wall plug and cable provided.
Using the fast charging method may heat up the battery a bit. But there is nothing to worry. It is safe and if it bothers you, you can turn off the settings and the smartphone will get charged in about 2 hours.
How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 App Drawer Button Missing
We are used to the app drawer button in our Android smartphones. But Galaxy Note 8 doesn’t have an app drawer button. So you may find it difficult to see all the apps that are installed in your smartphone as easily as in other smartphones. However, it is not a bug or an issue. It is simply hat Samsung has changed the way we see all the installed apps. Let’s find out more.
So in this phablet, you can just swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This will bring up the app tray. Now you can see and access all the installed apps. But if you would still want to get the good old white app drawer button, read below on how to do it.
How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Apps Not Full Screen Issue
Now since the smartphone has a 6.3 display, most apps do not have the same aspect ratio. As a result you will find that many apps are not full screen. You see on top and on bottom, a black bar is there. So what to do now? To make the apps full-screen, here is the solution.
- First pull down the notification bar.
- Then tap on Settingsicon on the top right.
- Then tap on Display and there will be Full-Screen Apps option. Tap on it.
- You will get to see which apps have full-screen mode on or which are not. Now you can just check which apps are not highlighted and turn on switch full-screen mode for them.
- That’s it. Now your apps will be scaled to full-screen and not black bar will be there. At present a lot of apps can support the resolution of Galaxy Note 8. More apps support would be added as updated.
How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Fingerprint Scanner Problems
As there is no physical button, you got to use the Fingerprint scanner for unlocking the phone. Now this fingerprint scanner sometimes may not work properly. Although there is no sure fix for the fingerprint scanner isn’t working scenario, but we sure can try some tips to help. The fingerprint scanner is at the back of the phone. So what you can do is set it up once again. Remove the already saved prints and do it again. Do it carefully and make sure you save more than one finger. However if the fingerprint scanner doesn’t work still, maybe it will be best to contact the customer service.
How to Fix Iris Scanner Issues
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has face scanner and iris scanner apart from fingerprint scanner for unlocking the device. The iris canner is great to use and you can use it even at night and at various angles. But there might be some instances when it may not work properly. To fix iris scanner issue, you should try deleting the saved iris and save it again.
The face scanner or facial recognition feature can be a good or bad. That’s so because it will unlock the device if it successfully scan or recognize your face. And so it is possible to unlock your Galaxy Note 8 with a picture of yours. So it is better to use other lock features provided.
How to Set up Smart Lock in Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Using Smart Lock is beneficial and provides more security. Here is what to do to set up Smart Lock.
- Go to Settings.
- Then tap on Lock Screen & Security option and then tap Smart Lock.
- Enable it and add or modify other settings as per your need
How to Bring Back App Drawer Button in Galaxy Note 8
- On a blank home screen, press and hold for a moment to the settings options to edit and layout page and widget and wallpaper options.
- Now tap on the settings icon, i.e. the gear icon.
- In settings, tap on Apps Button.
- Then select show apps button.
- Tap done and now when you go to the home screen, you will find the white app drawer button visible.
How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Bluetooth Issues
Bluetooth issue is not new and it is often on of the most common issue complained about by the Android users. There might be issue with devices not getting detected or the transfer rate is too slow. Sometimes, with subsequest software updates, these Bluetooth issues get fixed. There is not much that you can do except the following quick tips.
- Turn off Bluetooth and reconnect to the device helps.
- Go to Settings. Then go to Apps and tap on Bluetooth.
- Tap on the clear the cache option. [All the previously added devices details will be removed.]
- Restart the smartphone.
- Now you can add device afresh and try transferring data.
How to Set Galaxy Note 8 Quad HD resolution / How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Screen Resolution
With Samsung Galaxy Note 8’s striking 6.3-inch display and a resolution of 2960×1440 Quad HD, the apps and games look so amazing. But with this high resolution, it effects the battery life and the performance. So Samsung maked the resolution to 1080p and this battery life and also the performance is also better. The difference would not be that obvious to notice but you can modify settings so that you get the Quad HD resolution. Here is how to modify and set Galaxy Note 8 Quad HD resolution.
- Open Settings and scroll and go to Display.
- Tap on Display and then to Screen resolution.
- Now to get the maximum, make the slider to the right to get WQHD+.
- Then tap apply and it’s done.
How to Reset Frozen Galaxy Note 8
Sometimes your smartphone may freeze or become unresponsive and Galaxy Note 8 is no exception. To fix Galaxy Note 8 freeze, you can use the button combination and reset it.
- Press and hold for nearly 7 seconds at the same time both the power button and volume down button.
How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Screen Color Problems
Galaxy Note 8 has this great curved and rounded screen. It is perfect and not much complaints have come up regarding screen colors issues. But in case you do come across such issue, you can try the following solution.
- Open Settings.
- Then tap on Display and then on Screen Mode.
Here you can select different color mode, the options being Adaptive display, AMOLED cinema, AMOLED photo and basic. Select as per your need. You can even go ahead and adjust the color balance option to modify the display colors, tone and white balance.
How to Factory Reset Galaxy Note 8
You usually do not factory reset your smartphone. If there are too many Galaxy Note 8 problems cropping up and nothing works, then a factory reset can solve most of the problems. So let’s see the steps to factory reset Galaxy Note 8. If possible back up your data and then proceed.
- Open Settings.
- Then tap on General Management.
- Tap Reset to initiate the process.
- Once the process completes, restore the data using Samsung Cloud Backup or Samsung SmartSwitch.
That was all from Galaxy Note 8 problems and fixes. These are some common issues.