Here we will see how to enable Handoff on Apple Watch. Before we move on, Handoff is a feature of Apple Watch and iPhone. Using it you can start a task on one device and finish it on another.
How can you Enable Handoff on Apple Watch:
For example, you might check email on your watch and then switch to your phone to compose a reply.
- To enable Handoff feature on your Apple Watch, you need to use your iPhone
- Tap on the Watch icon on your iPhone’s Home screen
- If the My Watch is not active, then tap on the My Watch icon at the bottom of the screen
- Then tap on General on the My Watch screen
- When the screen opens, turn on the feature by taping on Enable Handoff slider button
- Now it is done and you can see the button turned green
How Handoff works
Like already said, it helps you to start performing a task on one device and finish it on another device. For Handoff to work, both the iPhone and Apple Watch need to be close proximity.
Handoff feature works with
Now for an example, you open your mailbox on your Apple Watch. Then you open the email icon on your iPhone. Then you enter the phone passcode. Now the email that you were reading on your Apple Watch will be displayed on your iPhone. This is how Handoff works.