Often, while using a smartphone for a long time, one might face an issue where an error prompt pops up on screen every few seconds. It usually says “ERROR IN APPLICATION” or “APPLICATION ERROR” or “SIM Toolkit Error” depending on the handset one is using.
If you’re one of them who is getting this error, then we have found a solution for you. This error is not limited to any particular category of phones and can occur even on flagship devices. The reason is that it is caused due to the SIM card and not the phone itself. Most of the times, it might be caused due to a dirty SIM card. Here are the steps you can perform to resolve this issue.
This might simply occur due to software issues. You just need to reboot your device and you’ll be good to go.
- Turn OFF your device by long-pressing the power button.
- Remove the back cover of the the phone.
- Remove the SIM that’s causing the problem.
- Use a soft cloth to gently clean the SIM card. (Do not use water or any other solvent)
- Insert the SIM into the slot after cleaning.
- Place the back cover and boot your device by long-pressing the power button.
- You’ll notice that the error pop ups are gone and once again you’ll have uninterrupted user experience on your phone.
Now these were the primary solution to the problem. If, after performing the above steps, the problem persists then read on.
In the worst case, your SIM card is probably damaged and it needs to be replaced with a new one. Contact your service provider and request for a new SIM card for your phone or you can visit the nearest outlet of your service provider and get one yourself. You’ll be asked for relevant documents during replacement, so make sure you carry them.
If you are still facing the issue, or have an alternate solution you can share them below in the comments section below.