Custom ringtones have been around for some time now. But now we even have custom vibration. That’s right here we will see how to set custom vibration for a contact on iPhone or iPad.
It makes it so much easier to know who would have reached out to you via phone call or text message with this feature. No need to take out your iPhone or iPad to check the screen. This is very useful in situations, be it in a meeting, or in a busy commute. Here are the steps to set a custom vibration on your iPad or iPhone for a contact.
How to Set Custom Vibration for a Contact on iPhone
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Contacts.
- Then choose the contact for whom you want to do the custom setting.
- Now on the top right corner you will see Edit. Tap on it.
- Then go to Ringtone or Text Tone to change vibration setting for either of these.
- Now tap on Vibration.
- You can either select one from the Standard list or create one from the Custom. So select from Standard list a type of vibration you need or go to Custom > Create New Vibration.
- For custom vibration alert, you need to create a vibration pattern by tapping the screen and the save it.
- Go back to Ringtone or Text Tone (top-left of the screen) and tap Done (top-right of the screen) and tap Done to complete the change.