The Japanese based publisher has recently confirmed the Pokken Tournament western release date.
Nintendo has announced that Pokken Tournament on the Wii U platform will be released in Europe and North America on March 18. That’s the same day it gets released in Japan.
More information on tournament modes in the title can be found out from serebii.net which includes a wide range of matches.
- Single Battle – A typical single player mode with three difficulty settings.
- Local Battle – Two players against each other, one on the GamePad – this will run at 30fps instead of the game’s norm of 60fps.
- Online Friendly Matches – Play against anyone, those on your Friends List or by using a ‘Battle Code’; these are unranked fights.
- Online Ranked Matches – Earn ranking points in online matches
- LAN Support – Link two Wii U’s for a 60fps local match.
Scans from CoroCoro magazine reveal a few fighters and support fighters which include Braixen, Garchomp, Mewtwo, Pachirisu, Sylveon and Croagunk.
Gamers purchasing the early production run version will receive the Mewtwo amiibo card, which can be tapped to the Wii U Gamepad controller to unlock that playable character in the game.