When you try deleting files which you either downloaded, temporary files or any other application files, you have come across the Error 0x80004002 No such interface supported. You may get message that you do not have rights to delete the file or that the files is being used by other process. So let’s find out to get rid of the Error 0x80004002 No such interface supported and delete files without any issues.
How to Fix Error 0x80004002 No such interface supported
Option 1: Safe Mode File Deletion
- Reboot the PC and keep tapping F8 to enter the Advanced Boot Menu.
- Then select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Now go ahead and delete the desired files.
Windows 8 or Windows 10
Check out the guide How to Boot in Safe Mode on Windows 8 and Windows 10
Option 2: Reset Internet Settings
- As mentioned above, boot the PC in safe mode.
- Then press Windows + R keys and type the following to open the Internet Properties window: inetcpl.cpl
- Then click OK.
- Now in the Internet Properties windows, go to the Advanced tab.
- There you will see a Reset button. Click it.
- Check the Delete Personal Settings and then click Reset.
- Now the file deletion issues should be fixed.
You may also be interested in: How to Use Beam Stream in Windows 10 Creators Update