Microsoft released Windows 10 Creators in April 2017. This guide helps you fix Windows 10 Creators Update missing power options issue. With this update, you get many exciting features that will bring out the creative side of you. The update includes 3D in Windows 10, Game Mode, Game broadcasting and more. Microsoft Edge gets a list new features. You can get the complete details in Windows official blog.
How to Fix Windows 10 Creators Update Missing Power Options Issue
For some users, after the Windows 10 Creators Update installation, the power options, Sleep, Hibernate, Shutdown, Restart, were missing. And the user will be shown a message: “There are no power options available”. If searched in the context menu by right-clicking on the Start, instead of Shutdown or sign out, only Sign out option will be available. Now to fix this, three alternatives have come and helped users fix the issue.
Try to shutdown and reboot the system to check if the problem gets fixed.
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Then type the following to shutdown the system.
shutdown -t 00 -s
- For reboot, type the following in the Run windows:
shutdown -t 00 -r
You can still find the power options by pressing Ctrl + Alt +Del keys.
- Press Win + R keys.
- In the Run command, type gpedit.msc.
- Hit enter or click OK to open Local Group Policy Editor.
- Navigate to the path:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar
- Then double-click on Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands policy.
- Here you have to set this option is to Not configured.
- Then click Apply and OK.
For Windows 10 Home users, try the following fix. It involves Registry edit, so it is recommended to do a backup before proceeding.
- Open Run Command and type regedit.
- Hit enter and it opens the registry.
- Navigate to the following path:
- On the right side, you will find a DWORD (32-bit) Value – NoClose.
- Double-click it.
- Now change the value from 1 to 0 and click Ok.
- Reboot the system and check.