Google Play Music is the default for the Google Home’s music provider. But it does support Spotify. Let’s see how to use Spotify on Google Home after you have already set Google Play Music as the default.
How to Use Spotify With Google Home
1. Open Google Home app on your smartphone.
2. Then on the top-right corner, tap on the Devices button.
3. Now in the top-right corner of the screen, tap on the menu button.
3. Select Settings and then tap on Music.
4. Now just select Spotify from the list of music providers supported.
5. Then link your Google account and Spotify account when prompted by tapping Link Account.
6. Now tap on Log In to Spotify.
7. Type in the credentials and confirm.
This will change your Google Home’s default music provider as Spotify. You can play songs from Spotify library and saved playlists by giving the command to do so. At any point of time is you wish to remove Spotify, just tap on Unlink.